Elon Sustainability's November Theme: Sustainable Foods
Elon Sustainability’s November theme is Sustainable Foods. We encourage you to support Elon’s local farmers this month.
Click here to read about Elon’s sustainable dining initiatives: http://www.campusdish.com/en-US/CSSE/Elon/Sustainability/SustainabilityatElon.htm
November Sustainable Foods Tips:
- Buy local foods as much as possible. This reduces the amount of fossil fuels burned to transport foods and supports the local economy.
- Compost at Fountain Market & Octagon
- Make an effort to eat less meat. Meat production greatly increases greenhouse gas emissions.
- Buy organic foods when available. Organic foods are produced without harmful pesticides and artificial fertilizers.
- November Baking Contest: All November
- College Coffee: November 8
- Lights Out Bingo: November 10