Move-in and orientation schedules for Fall 2013
Several events are planned throughout the weekend of Aug. 23-26 as Elon University welcomes students and families in the Class of 2017.
Elon welcomes more than 1,450 new students to campus this month for the start of the 2013-14 academic year. Among the many orientation highlights are the following events:
- Catch the Fire residence hall events in the Historic & Global neighborhoods, Danieley Center and the Colonnades on Friday evening
- New Student Convocation at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 24, Under the Oaks in front of West Hall
- Academic Adviser and Elon 101 sessions following the New Student Convocation
- Farewell picnic at 12:30 p.m. Saturday on Belk Library Lawn
- Phoenix Extravaganza and Pep Rally on at 8:30 p.m. on Saturday
- Live the Maroon Life events beginning at 9 a.m. on Sunday, Aug. 25
- Community on the Commons dinner at 6:30 p.m. Sunday
- Responsibilities of Engaged Learning sessions at 9 a.m. Monday, Aug. 26
- Classes begin Tuesday, Aug. 27
Visit the New Student Orientation website for a full schedule of events: www.elon.edu/orientation. And be sure to share pictures, videos and your excitement on social media. Use the hashtag #ElonMoveIn on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Google+ and Pinterest - and be sure to follow your favorite Elon accounts on those platforms, too.