Elon Alumni Awards recipients announced
Seven outstanding alumni will be recognized for their professional success, community engagement and loyal support of Elon at a Nov. 8 ceremony part of Homecoming celebrations.
The Office of Alumni Engagement has announced the recipients of the 2013 Elon Alumni Awards.
The awards, formerly known as the Elon Alumni Association Awards, are the highest accolades conferred by the Office of Alumni Engagement and have been presented annually to alumni and friends of Elon since 1941. This year seven distinguished alumni will be receiving awards based on their professional success, community engagement and loyal support of Elon. The recipients will be recognized on Nov. 8, as part of Homecoming festivities.
Honored will be:
Alumnus of the Year Award
- Bill Gortney ’77, U.S. Navy admiral
Presented to an alumnus who has distinguished himself in a profession and in the community and brought honor to Elon.
Alumna of the Year
- Tracey Helton Lewis ’93 P’10, educator, Surry County Schools
Presented to an alumna who has distinguished herself in a profession and in the community and brought honor to Elon.
Young Alumnus of the Year
- Darris Means ’05, associate director, The Elon Academy
Presented to an alumnus who has graduated within the past 10 years and has distinguished himself in their profession.
Young Alumna of the Year
- Britten Ginsburg Pund ’06, senior manager, National Alliance of State and Territorial AIDS Directors
Presented to an alumna who has graduated within the past 10 years and has distinguished herself in her profession.
Service to Church and Society
- The Rev. Jonathan Chapman ’07, pastor, Westfield Congregational Church (Danielson, Conn.)
Presented to an alumnus or alumna whose life demonstrates service to church and society.
Alumni Service Award
- Natasha Christensen ’07, senior subject matter expert/governance analyst, International Security Assistance Force
Presented to an alumnus or alumna who has given extraordinary service to his or her community.
Distinguished Service to Elon Award
- Lindsey Goodman Baker ’04, senior account manager, National Association of Corporate Directors
Presented to an organization, business, foundation or individual who has demonstrated outstanding service that promotes the advancement of Elon.
For information about attending the event, please contact the Office of Alumni Engagement at (336) 278-7500.