The associate professor and department chair in the School of Communications has published a peer-reviewed article examining the country’s promotion of open source development and support of technological innovation.
Her support created the Vera Richardson Truitt Center for Religious and Spiritual Life and helped launch the Elon Academy.
The award honors distinguished professionals in the field of leisure and recreation who are considered to be a positive role model epitomizing the values and desired outcomes of recreation and demonstrates enthusiasm for the profession.
- Erdmann publishes article on Tiger Okoshi in international trumpet journal
- Gisclair researches the use of open source software in China
- Valle publishes in Career Development International
- Brandon Sheridan examines economic educators’ use of social media as a teaching tool
- With new book, Roselle explores the global power of strategic narratives
- Jessie Moore, director of Elon’s Center for Engaged Learning, publishes new book on writing transfer
- Zito, student present research at sociology conference
- David S. Levine invited panelist at regional conference & symposia
- Kehl presents at Maryland Music Educators Association State Convention
- International aid worker Federico Motka details challenges in assisting refugees worldwide
- Aryeh presents on the "passion of dance" at dinner hosted by Global and Historic neighborhoods
- Strauss examines role press releases played in legitimizing the casino industry
Grants & Honors
- Smith named Recreation Professional of the Year by SHAPE America
- Stacy Outlaw named a commission chair-elect for National Academic Advising Association
- Smith Jackson: 'The youth of today have the power to effect change'
- MacFall to receive Conservation Communicator Award from the N.C. Soil and Water Conservation Society
- Smith Jackson named 2017 Civic Engagement Professional of the Year
- Lynch and Duffy receive NCCPA grant to support local health fair program
In the News
- NPR, other media feature Imagining the Internet Center report
- News & Record article highlights lessons learned by Elon students in the Dominican Republic
- Media highlights Albright's expanded research on the spread of 'fake news'
- Eaves offers insights in article analyzing Trump presidency's place in history
- In My Words: Bitter taste of birtherism lingers after 2016 election
- Aiken offers insights in News & Record article about Dow hitting 20,000
- Elon launches Multi-faith Scholars program
- Robertsons awarded Elon Medallions
- Alumni Involvement Week connects Elon Law students and graduates
- Alumna named nation's top high school physics teacher
- Career Moves: Internship with Farmers Insurance grows into full-time position
- Community Connections: The Future of the Two-Party System
- Creating the Comm Quad
- Elon to change campus television provider
- Doctor of Physical Therapy program student puts medical Spanish to use in Peru
- Schedule of events for Elon Law's 2017 Diversity Week
- President Lambert: Elon has been 'my valley of love and delight'
- Elon University mourns passing of Edna Truitt Noiles ’44 GP ’17