Luke Bierman's analysis of the Supreme Court on May 14, 2016, shows that today's political stalemate over the Merrick Garland nomination is outside the norm in American history.
Professor Scott W. Gaylord and Associate Professor Tom Molony authored a column in which they argue the U.S. Department of Justice would overstep its bounds by withholding funds from states whose laws on bathroom use don't align with the DOJ's interpretation of federal policies.
President Emeritus Earl J. Danieley, who has given Elon 70 years of service, is among 19 faculty and staff members retiring this year.
- Thomas Erdmann has an article published
- Dave Levine contributes to new legal guidebook
- Megan Squire wins Best Paper award
- Carol Smith publishes book chapter
- Alisha Horky’s paper published in Journal of Business Research
- Thomas Erdmann has two articles published
- Statistics and Mathematics Faculty Attend Virtual Conference
- Michael Rich speaks at Penn Law symposium
- Lynne Bisko presents at Personal Librarian Conference
- Amy Overman presents research on memory at Cognitive Aging Conference
Scott Wolter presents research to Homeland
- Communications students discuss research at 2016 SURF sessions
Grants & Honors
- Paul Crenshaw wins Pushcart literary award
- Paul Parsons elected ACEJMC vice president
- Poulson, Weller earn NCACPA Outstanding Conference Speaker award
- Stephanie Baker White selected to attend academy
- CATL Announces 2016-17 Diversity Infusion Project grant recipients
- Chad Awtrey receives 2016 Beginning Faculty Teaching Award from the Southeastern Section of the Mathematical Association of America
In the News
- President Leo M. Lambert calls for a community focus on children
- Brian Lyons’ research cited on ESPN.com
- Larry Garber featured in Folio by Tealeaves article
- Sean McMahon’s start-up company featured in Triad Business Journal
- Jen Uno named director of Civic Engagement Scholars program
- Michael Rich to serve as guest writer on Prawfsblawg
- Class of 2016 urged to stand up and be counted
- "Enough is Enough" declares Elon Commencement speaker David Gergen
- 'Ensure that people's rights don't suffer'
- Senior class sets new giving record
- DeMaio to graduates: ‘You have the opportunity to reshape business’
- The Hon. Henry E. Frye provides the Class of 2016 with tenets to live by
- 2016 Interactive Media master’s class charged to become 'change agents'
- A brutal crime leads survivor to Elon Law
- Elon Academy celebrates Theta Class
- Career Moves: A journey through personal and professional experiences
- Elon Law dean published in Wall Street Journal
- Popular TED Talk lecturer Daniel Gilbert to headline Elon’s Spring Convocation